Interest rates went up again in the UK this week, from 5.5% to 5.75% - which is extremely rewarding for the savers and hard on the mortgage home buyers and small businesses. The benchmark rate has been growing steadily over the last year as the government seeks to rein in inflation. Wars have started on the high street as many banks have started enticing campaigns to lure customers - check out the benefits of opening a bank account here - firstdirect, Abbey, Halifax. Over our time here, we have opened a few bank accounts and got rewarded with an Ipod and some cash. And credit cards have no yearly subscription charge here. This, I think, should be followed in Singapore.
The daily commentary which I sent out has been quite a hit, as far as my boss is concerned. What was initially meant for my department and colleagues in Credit Product Control has taken a wider audience than intended. In fact the Front Office e.g. traders and sales people have requested to be put on this email. While it certainly increased the commentary's profile, I felt that a albatross has been placed over my neck.
There are many researchers and analysts in the firm and the last thing I need/want is for this email to be considered an equivalent. No doubt research is an interesting career path but to "screw up a move" via this daily task may well close all doors.
No comments:
Post a Comment