Thursday, April 05, 2007

Too tired but the Lord spoke










It has been quite a change from the last rotation. Most in my current department are married and a number have kids or are expecting - a drastic change from my former department which is mainly filled with "kids" fresh from college and constant discussion re spring breaks, Facebook and marathon drinking. But with that, you tend to get a more vibrant and lively atmosphere as compared to the dullness here.

Perhaps it's month-end and Q1; everyone is busy with passing journals and financial submission. I have not gotten into the hang of things, other than to play around with VBA. While I used to sashay in at 9+ in FI Exotics, getting in at 8:30am for the last few days meant that I was the second last person (other than my boss) in Credit. Not good, not good.

As mentioned earlier, I have gone somewhat cold and am hoping for a total change of environment, especially in the work that I am doing. Product Control is so different from what I used to do and, worse, what I expected. And in times of need, like many others, I consulted God and prayed. Nothing seems to "work" until I prayed for a specific word last night and Psalm 37 came. Not in the exact situation as David but you get the drift (selected verses).

3 Trust in the LORD, and do good;

so you will live in the land, and enjoy security.

4 Take delight in the LORD,

and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;

trust in him, and he will act.

7 Be still before the LORD, and wait patiently for him;

do not fret over those who prosper in their way,

over those who carry out evil devices.

23 Our steps are made firm by the LORD,

when he delights in our way;

24 though we stumble,we shall not fall headlong,

for the LORD holds us by the hand.

No comments: